'I've never developed a thick skin': Taylor Swift refuses to hear how ex John Mayer felt 'humiliated' by break-up song Dear John

By NADIA MENDOZA

All grown up: Taylor Swift speaks to Glamour about her career, friends, and latest love story - Conor Kennedy

It has been more than two years since she was romantically linked to ex-flame John Mayer. And she has now truly moved on with new love Conor Kennedy.
Yet it seems the pain is still somewhat raw for Taylor Swift - as she refused to hear what singer-songwriter Mayer had to say about the song she penned in the aftermath of their break-up.

On the road: Taylor embraces her inner supermodel, and was interviewed by ABC's Cynthia McFadden

During an interview with Glamour USA, filmed by Cynthia McFadden for ABC's Nightlife show, the country starlet was quizzed over her track Dear John.
She revealed: 'I think that song really hit home with a lot of girls who had been through toxic relationships and had found their way to the other side of it.
'I've never looked out while singing a song during a concert to see so many girls crying.'

Cover girl: Taylor features on Glamour USA

When enlightened about the fact Mayer, now dating Katy Perry, recently told Rolling Stone that he felt humiliated by the lyrics, Taylor said: 'No! I don’t want to know, I don’t want to know.
'I know it wasn't good, so I don’t want to know. I put a high priority on staying happy, and I know what I can't handle. It's not that I'm this egomaniac and I don’t want to hear anything negative, because I do keep myself in check. But I've never developed that thick a skin.

Fashionista: Taylor has transformed from country star to global icon

'So I just kind of live a life, and I let all the gossip live somewhere else.
'If you go too far down the rabbit hole of what people think about you, it can change everything about who you are.'
The 22-year-old added: 'I think some people think it's just apple pie and sunshine and sprinkles and ponies...
'But I never feel the need to go out and make some grand statement that I'm dark and twisty and complicated, because I'm not that either.

Retro beauty: Taylor sported a floral skirt and baby blue blouse as she got ready to cycle along Paris

'It's just not as simple as ponies and rainbows, though I do love ponies and rainbows.'
In the striking photoshoot, shot by German photographer Ellen von Unwerth, Taylor highlights her transformation from small town country singer to globally-recognised fashionista.
In one image, the 22-year-old shows off her trim figure in a glitzy pink Erin Fetherston dress, while in another illustrates her true supermodel potential with a pose worthy of Vogue.

Parisian beauty: Taylor was pictured shooting her new music video in the French capital

Set against the backdrop of a retro-inspired train carriage, Taylor rocks a Marc Jacobs top and skirt, L'Wren Scott gloves, and a Mark Cross blue satchel, while using the aisle as her runway.
But Taylor insists she stays grounded with amongst her friends - even though they are famous too.
The Love Story songbird spoke of her friendships with Spider-Man actress Emma Stone and Justin Bieber's other half Selena Gomez, saying: 'I met Emma when I was 17, and Selena when I was 18.
'So they've experienced all of this with me, and they've also experienced their own amazing success, and somehow through all of it, we've stayed close.'

source: dailymail

0 comments:

Post a Comment